MaxIm DL : Processing - One Package Does It All
The recognized leader in astronomical image processing, MaxIm DL combines high bit depth, extensive processing tools, and remarkable ease of use.
MaxIm DL has all the capabilities you need to produce high-quality final images, whether for science or esthetics.
Version 5 adds powerful new image stacking capabilities. Stack completely automates the process of selecting files, calibrating, color converting, rejecting poor quality images, aligning, stacking, and LRGB combining.
- Intelligent Calibration (tm) automatically selects the best bias, dark, and
flat-field frames for each individual image.
- Powerful new image stacking tool automatically identifies and groups image by target object and filter,
automatically rejects poor quality images, and includes multiple automatic and manual alignment modes. Automatically stack and LRGB combine multiple images at once!
- Includes a host of image enhancement filters including:
- Kernel Filters including sharpen, smooth, Guassian blur, median, dilation, erosion, custom.
- FFT filters
- Unsharp Mask
- Wavelet filters
- Digital Development Processing
- Rank filter
- Local Adaptive filter
- Rotational Gradient filter
- Deconvolution filters
- Background and Gradient Removal
- Easy-to-use Batch processing and advanced scripting capability.
- Color tools include stacking, balance, saturation adjustment, pseudo color, color filter, remove background, realign planes.
- Complete photometry and astrometry capabilties.
- Other functions include:
- Remove Bad Pixels
- Add Noise
- Remove Bloom
- Remove Pedestal
- Histogram Specification
- Pixel Math
- Clone, Edit, and Annotation tools
- Preserves the dynamic range of your image with high bit depth processing
for both monochrome and color images.
Complete List of New Features
MaxIm DL Version 5 Manual
Example Stacking Window
This screenshot shows the stacking window which provides access to a wide variety of processing features.